If you are an employee or contractor of a customer of MaintainX, please note that the MaintainX customer may collect and store Personal Information about you on the MaintainX Service. This MaintainX customer information is under the control of that customer. If you have any questions about how your Personal Information has been processed by the MaintainX customer, please contact that customer and/or review their privacy policies. MaintainX offers the MaintainX Service as a service provider to its customers and does not have the authority to remove or change a customer’s information without that customer’s approval.
MaintainX Privacy Principals
MaintainX follows these principals in order to protect your privacy:
- We do not collect any more Personal Information about you than is necessary;
- We do not keep your Personal Information if it is no longer needed; and
- What is the Personal Information that we collect and how is it collected?
- Why do we collect Personal Information?
- How do we use Personal Information?
- With whom do we share Personal Information?
- How do we secure your Personal Information?
- How do we transfer your Personal Information?
- What are your rights regarding your Personal Information?
- How long do we retain Personal Information?
- Whom do I contact if I have questions or concerns?
- Additional Terms.
1. What is the Personal Information that we collect and how is it collected?
(a) Personal Information provided by you. We collect Personal Information by asking you questions about yourself as an employee, service repair person, or contractor, as well as your contact information. We will use this information to create your MaintainX profile (“MaintainX Profile”). You may also provide us with Personal Information through any website mobile application provided to you by MaintainX. In addition to this information, we also collect certain Personal Information for administration of the MaintainX Service, including account credentials and payment information, although please note that payment card information is stored and maintained by our third-party payment processors.
(c) Outside sources. We may periodically collect Personal Information about you from business partners, contractors, and other third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, instances in which you affirmatively authorize those third parties to provide us with Personal Information.
2. Why do we collect Personal Information?
We collect your Personal Information to provide you with the MaintainX Service and to administer our business. It allows us to provide you with easy access to our products and services, with a particular focus on the items and programs that may be of most interest to you. Your Personal Information also allows us to communicate with you about special offers, promotions, and other marketing programs and news that may be of interest to you.
We may process or share Personal Information in reliance on the following legal bases:
- Consent: We may process your Personal Information if you have given us specific consent to use your Personal Information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your Personal Information when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your Personal Information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your Personal Information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your Personal Information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
3. How do we use Personal Information?
MaintainX uses your Personal Information to provide you with the MaintainX Service, to provide you with a superior customer experience, and to administer our business. We use your Personal Information to:
● Create a MaintainX Profile you can log into from any device;
● Provide you with insights and recommendations;
● Provide you with special offers, promotions, and other marketing programs and news that may be of interest to you;
● Answer questions you ask of us regarding the MaintainX Service or recommendations;
● Communicate with you regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues;
● Validate you are of legal age to use the MaintainX Service;
● Test and improve our systems and the MaintainX Service; and
● Manage our business.
Non-personal data is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personal data with personal data.
4. With whom do we share Personal Information?
In addition, MaintainX may share any of your Personal Information with third parties as follows:
- Law Enforcement Officials and as Required by Law. MaintainX may release any or all of your Personal Information to third parties when we determine, in our reasonable judgment, that it is necessary to (a) comply with the law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements; or (c) protect the rights, property or safety of MaintainX, our employees, our customers, users, or others.
5. How do we secure your Personal Information?
We take appropriate security measures, including physical, technological, and procedural measures, to help to safeguard your Personal Information and to prevent unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition, we use industry-standard technology, such as edge-protection devices and encryption in the transmission of certain sensitive Personal Information, designed to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Personal Information and MaintainX Profile, and, as technology develops, we intend to take additional measures to improve security. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, however, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
6. How do we transfer your Personal Information?
If you are a customer located in the EU, please review and agree to the terms of our Data Processing Agreement available here: MaintainX DPA.
7. What are your rights regarding your Personal Information?
When you interact with our Service in certain ways, you may be eligible to receive certain marketing-related and promotional communications as well as special offers (collectively “Promotional Communications”) from MaintainX or third parties with whom MaintainX has a business relationship and those communications may include advertisements. The most common of these circumstances may include:
- Creating a MaintainX Profile
- Signing up to receive newsletters or email notices
- Entering a sweepstakes or a contest
If, at any time, you wish to no longer receive Promotional Communications from MaintainX, you will be able to follow instructions provided with the Promotional Communication or within our Service in connection with Promotional Communications. Even if you opt-out of receiving Promotional Communications, you may continue to receive e-mails relating to MaintainX Profile update Personal Information, and/or other security or business-related communications. Although the primary purpose of these emails is not to provide you with promotional material, they may contain within them some promotional material.
MaintainX provides you with the ability to access, correct, change or delete the Personal Information in your MaintainX Profile at any time. Please be advised that MaintainX may periodically archive Personal Information it has collected and there may be times that such archived information cannot be permanently removed from our systems.
Additionally, if you are resident in the European Economic Area, you have the following rights regarding your Personal Information:
- Revoke consent: Where we process your Personal Information on the basis that you have consented to such processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us.
- Complain to your local supervisory authority: You have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
Additional rights: In addition to the above, you may also ask us to object to or restrict processing of the Personal Information we have about you. You may ask us to transfer your Personal Information to a third party in certain circumstances. You also have the right not to be subject to decision-making based solely on automated processing in certain circumstances. If you would like any other information on these aspects of your rights, please contact us.
8. How long do we retain Personal Information?
We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary to carry out our services or as long as we are required by law. Generally, unless otherwise required by applicable law, if a user or an organization is inactive for more than three years, we will delete the Personal Information associated with the applicable account. However, we cannot remove your Personal Information when there is a legal storage requirement such as book keeping rules, or when there is a legal ground or obligation to keep the Personal Information, such as an on-going contractual relationship.
9. Whom do I contact if I have questions or concerns?
10. Additional Terms
Children’s and Minors’ Privacy. The MaintainX Service is not intended for minors, in particular, children under the age of 18. MaintainX does not market to or knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any Personal Information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) to anyone over the Internet.
If you are a resident of California, you are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the Personal Information we have shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing use. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2021 will receive information regarding 2020 sharing activities). To obtain this information please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the header of your message. Please note that only information regarding the sharing of Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing uses is covered by this requirement.
Copyright © 2020 MaintainX Inc.