1. Turn power supply off to hot water heater. (Use LOTO)
2. Run hot water at a faucet that uses supply from hot water heater until hot water has been exhausted.
3. Attach hose to drain bib located at the bottom of the tank.
4. Open drain valve and allow all water to flow until all sediment is flushed from the tank and the water runs clear.
5. Close drain bib and turn electricity back on to the heater. (Remove LOTO)
Anode rod inspection
Follow steps 1-4 on the drain tank procedure
5. Leave drain bib open and close incoming cold and outgoing hot water valves . Wait until little to no flow is left exiting
6. Locate the access port located at the top of the heater and remove cover. Insulation may need to be cut out around the nut of the anode rod to gain access.
7. Remove rod and inspect.
8. Attach picture of anode rod.
Add or drag pictures
9. Reinstall or replace anode rod.
10. Close drain bib and open hot and cold water valves.
11. Energize power to the softener. (remove LOTO)
Source: Curaleaf - Ravena (Community Member)