The earnest complete maintenance, can keep the forklift to be at the good status. And the safety of the truck is related with your job and your life.
Except checking lights and operating capability, you should shut off the key switch and pull out the plug before checking electric system.
Prohibit operate forklift with trouble.
Little trouble brings big accident.
1. Inspect oil leakage: include hydraulic oil, electrolyte and brake fluid
2. Inspect tire
3. Checking the wheel attachments.
4. Check brake pedal
5. Check the parking brake lever
6. Check accelerate pedal
7. Brake fluid level check
8. Check hydraulic oil
9. Replace hydraulic oil
Replace hydraulic oil once half year on schedule.
10. Drivers seat adjustment
12. Instrument check (include battery capacity and error diagnose)
13. Lifting lever, tilting lever, attachment lever
Check the mast and the forks to insure that:
15. Mast lubrication
16. Lift chain tension check
17. Check steering system
18. Turn signal, horn and other lamp check
19. Battery maintenance
Source: MaintainX (Community Member)