1. Is fire pump controller on “automatic”?
2. Is jockey pump controller on “automatic”?
3. Are all jockey pump and fire pump control valves open?
4. Is jockey pump running frequency normal?
5. Is pump room adequately heated?
6. Did fire pump start automatically by a drop in water pressure?
Record the following:
Pump start pressure: psi
Pump discharge pressure: psi
Pump suction pressure: psi
7. Are pump bearings operating at normal temperature?
8. Are pump packing glands leaking sufficient water?
9. Is pump free of unusual noises and vibrations?
10. Is pump circulating relief valve operating?
11. Is the pump test header drained to prevent freezing?
12. Is a charged fire extinguisher in the pump room?
13. Is pump room clean and free of combustible materials?
14. Is pump controller’s “Power Available” light on?
15. Did all remote pump alarms function properly? (i.e., running, power loss, etc.)
16. Was water tank overfilled to verify it’s full, or is reservoir at normal level?
17. Was pump run for at least 10 minutes?
18. Were both the jockey pump and fire pump controllers left on “automatic”?
Explain all “No” responses and corrective actions taken: (Ex: 8. Pump packing leaking too much – repaired 5/1)
Source: Willis (www.willis.com)