Opportunities like this do not come around often. If you are a hungry up-and-comer looking for a rare career opportunity that could change your life, this is the role for you.
MaintainX, the maker of the world’s most feature-rich but delightfully simple Work Management App, is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our team at our office in Montreal, Canada. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will help oversee various business activities such as our day-to-day financial operations, internal customer operations and ad-hoc projects. The ideal candidate will bring organization, attention to detail, growth, and enthusiasm to the growing Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who wishes to grow and contribute within a high-growth SaaS organization.
This is a difference-making, meaningful, high-responsibility role and we expect the right candidate to be someone who thinks outside the box, thrives under pressure, and is extremely detail-oriented.
What you would bring to the team:
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance to make recommendations on profit enhancement.
- Assist Finance Manager in providing key metrics, forecasts, actuals, variance analysis and other reports to our investors.
- Interpret financial data to recognize changing trends, patterns, and their meaning related to key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with Finance Manager and Operations Manager to process payments and manage suppliers.
- Collaborate on special ad-hoc projects and provide recommendations on business processes.
- Manage the Deal Desk to ensure that sales opportunities are priced appropriately, all data is logged correctly in salesforce.com and that the sales process runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Improve and analyze our customer data reporting to deliver important business insights.
- Perform customer invoicing and follow-ups for collection of outstanding debts from customers. Monitor and develop key metrics such as Days Sales Outstanding (DSO).
- Assist the Finance Manager with quarterly sales commissions by ensuring accuracy of customer account information.
- Liaise with Account Managers on upcoming customer contract renewals and any identified potential customer churn risk.
- Assist with ad-hoc revenue, customer or financial analyses and processes for the VP of Sales and Go to Market lead.
The position will initially be remote (Covid) but we hope to return to offices in Montreal by the end of 2021.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or other relevant fields
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a finance, accounting, or sales operations role
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Salesforce and Stripe preferred
- Experience in technology industry or SaaS is an asset
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills
- Self-starter that is comfortable working with minimal oversight and tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, negotiation, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform well in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality
- English: Strong written and verbal communication skills
MaintainX helps businesses track their reactive maintenance, preventive maintenance, and control the daily operations of their business such as safety inspections, quality inspections, and operating checklists – all with a digital audit trail.
MaintainX is backed by Bessemer Ventures, Amity Ventures, August Capital and Ridge Ventures.
Our Mission is to make the life of blue-collar workers easier across the world by creating software that will suit their needs and realities. Our product is truly life-changing for 80% of the workforce that doesn’t work behind a desk and needs enterprise-grade software at their fingertips.
Our customers love us:
“MaintainX has quickly become our most used, most valuable, and most trusted workflow software. A task that would’ve taken me 15 minutes to complete on paper before, I can now do in 2 minutes.” – Ron Pembleton, Director of Engineering, Pyramid Hotel Group
We believe that by equipping people with the best tools to solve their own problems, we can tackle the whole world’s problems better, together.
Although all job applications are taken into consideration, only the selected candidates will be contacted.
MaintainX is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all represented groups in order to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, on which we live and depend on.
If interested you can send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org