Junior DevOps/Infrastructure Specialist
We are looking for a Junior DevOps/Infrastructure specialist looking to gain more experience and knowledge about developing solutions and tooling, sometimes from the ground up, around infrastructure and conducting large and complex server deployments on cloud computing platforms.
- Support, and collaborate in the planning, development, testing, and delivery/deployment of robust and structured infrastructure architecture.
- Understand the scope, project goals, and requirements, and provide input towards practical solutions, innovations, and time estimation.
- Participate in ideation sessions, workshops, and road-mapping, contributing a perspective on improved production and development approaches, tools, and techniques.
- Bring a perspective to the team that blends cost-effectiveness sensibilities with the practicalities of major infrastructure deployments.
- Collaborate in strategic planning of infrastructure architecture and tooling, assessing opportunities for driving innovation from a strategic and development perspective.
- Test, monitor, reorganize, and optimize infrastructure to achieve the best performance and efficiency, and strive for high performance, reliability and redundancy by making quality assurance a top priority.
- Follow industry best practices and standards developed by MaintainX and contribute to internal and external knowledge sharing.
- Understand our customers business, their needs, and the technical opportunities and challenges that exist within their industries.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in the industry as a DevOps specialist or as a Full-Stack Developer
- Experience with administrating relational databases
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (such as Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud Computing Services and Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with logging, monitoring & graphing, and good understanding of their critical importance
- Experience with Git
- High level of autonomy, initiative and leadership to put in place solid foundations to help build a DevOps team from the ground up
- Salary ranges dependent on experience levels
- A degree or diploma in computer science or a related field preferred but not required
- Good spoken and written English skills
Extra considerations for candidates with the following
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (such as Terraform, CloudFormation and others)
- Experience planning, prototyping, developing, and testing server deployments of SaaS products
- Experience with deploying, configuring and maintaining Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Experience with deploying, scaling and maintaining in-memory databases & caches (such as Redis)
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Ability to translate technical requirements into elegant infrastructure and tooling solutions
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Work in Agile/Scrum teams
- Strong knowledge of software and server deployment best practices
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment and learn new concepts and software
- Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible team player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software and infrastructure implementation
- Professionalism and integrity
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of SOC2 and ISO 27001 certifications
- Complete group insurance package, including dental and vision.
- Work directly with Founding Team members
MaintainX helps businesses track their reactive maintenance, preventive maintenance, and control the daily operations of their business such as safety inspections, quality inspections, and operating checklists – all with a digital audit trail.
MaintainX is backed by Amity Ventures, August Capital and Ridge Ventures.
Our Mission is to make the life of blue-collar workers easier across the world by creating software that will suit their needs and realities. Our product is truly life-changing for 80% of the workforce that doesn’t work behind a desk and needs enterprise-grade software at their fingertips.
Our customers love us:
“MaintainX has quickly become our most used, most valuable and most trusted workflow software. A task that would’ve taken me 15 minutes to complete on paper before, I can now do in 2 minutes.” – Ron Pembleton, Director of Engineering, Pyramid Hotel Group
We believe that by equipping people with the best tools to solve their own problems, we can tackle the whole world’s problems better, together.
Although all job applications are taken into consideration, only the selected candidates will be contacted.
MaintainX is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all represented groups in order to build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and depend on.
If interested you can send us your resume at email@example.com